Born and raised in Oregon, Sahmura comes from an athletic and health-conscious family. Her father was a former Olympic wrestler and coach, and her mother grew her own vegetables and cooked everything from scratch. She grew up in Oregon for crying out loud. In school, Sahmura played soccer and ran track and cross country. Even though her family instilled in her the values of a holistic and healthy lifestyle, she needed to find the importance of health and exercise for herself.
After going through ups and downs with her weight and mental health, she discovered her love for running again, she came to love weight lifting for the first time, and she returned to her familial roots with nourishing food. Realizing how empowering it felt to make her health a priority for the first time in her life, she knew that she wanted to work with others to help them make their own personal health changes.
Sahmura has a passion for learning, improving, and working hard. She has no five year plan just to make herself feel more secure. She doesn't have an answer to "what's next," except to continue learning from the best in the field and to invite in new projects that will lead to more opportunities of being able to help others.
To empower others to find their best health, fitness and wellbeing through movement, nutrition, and health behavior changes. She partner's with her clients to help clarify desired goals and create actions steps to achieve their optimal health and wellness vision.
Her Core Values
Authenticity - Commitment - Growth - Transparency - Humor
EDucation and Certifications
- BA, Sarah Lawrence College.
- Integrative Health Coach, Duke Integrative Medicine.
- Certified Personal Trainer, NASM.
- Corrective Exercise Specialist, NASM.
- Pn1 Coach, Precision Nutrition.
- SFG II Kettlebell Instructor, StrongFirst.
- Pre/Post Natal Training, Annette Lang Education Systems.
- FMS II, Functional Movement Systems.
- Z-Health Movement Coach, R/I Phase, Z-Health Performance Solutions.
- OS Certified Coach I, Original Strength.
- TRX Suspension Training, TRX.